Suncorp Stadium Turns Maroon for Queensland Day!
This Queensland Day, Sunday 6 June, Suncorp Stadium joins in celebrating 162 years since Queensland separated from New South Wales to become an independent colony on 6 June 1859 and a new story began—the story of Queensland.
Tonight, as the sun goes down, the venue will turn it's lights the famous Maroon for Queensland!
Commemorated annually on 6 June, Queensland Day is an important celebration of our state’s culture and heritage and an opportunity to reflect on what Queensland means to you and what makes you proud to be a Queenslander—whether it be our people, places, opportunities or lifestyle.
On Queensland Day, businesses, community groups, organisations, schools, sporting teams and families come together, show their state pride and share their Queensland story. And with more than five million people calling Queensland home, we each have our own unique Queensland story to tell.
We reached out to some proud Queenslanders to find out their Queensland story. Hear what they have to say.
There are many ways to celebrate and share your story of Queensland:
- host an activity to raise awareness of Queensland Day and encourage celebrations on 6 June
- host an event on or around Queensland Day in the workplace, school or home
- attend a Queensland Day Sponsorship Program event
- register events or promotions via the online Queensland Day calendar
- download the online resources available via the Queensland Day website, including Queensland-themed quizzes, games, photo props and novelty decorations
- join the online conversation about #myQLDstory using Facebook or Instagram. You can also show your state pride by using the Queensland Day Facebook profile frame.
Visit the website to find out more about the 2021 Queensland Day activities.
Together, let’s celebrate and share our Queensland stories this Queensland Day.